Wednesday, November 30, 2005

A Klingon Christmas

I found a web site that translates words into Klingon. So, in my never ending quest to make fun of the more materialist and crass elements of popular culture I translated words like "Merry Christmas" and "Happy Holidays" and "Season's Greetings" as well as various Bible verses that deal with Christmas into Klingon. I then printed these out on brightly colored paper and decorated my library for Christmas in Klingon.

Nobody got the joke!

The kids here in this school have never seen Star Trek. The current series "Enterprise" Isn't carried here and neither are re-runs of TOS, DS9, Voyager or TNG. (If you don't know what those abbreviations are then you've not watched much Star Trek. ) They've also never seen the movies.

I must really be getting old.

Or, I need to buy a bunch of Star Trek novels and do a library display on TV shows that have become popular fiction!

No comments: