Thursday, May 11, 2006

Day 5

I am really hungry today. Today is the first day that I've been tempted to eat. I guess that until now I was running on emotion. I kind of expected this to happen at some point.

I've had a headache since about 8:00PM last night; I don't know if that has anything to do with the fast or not.

I get dizzy when I stand up, that is probably low blood sugar and has everything to do with the fast.

Sleeping is another problem. Hunger is a good conversationalist. It keeps you interested in what it has to say and makes it hard to sleep. But strangly enough, I don't seem to need as much sleep. I toss and turn and think and plan and hope and dream of better things. I pray and weep and pray some more. Then the alarm goes off and I wake refreshed not knowing that I'd fallen asleep.

I don't understand. It is a strange sensation and if I'm not careful I could lose perspective on reality. Am I awake or dreaming? I am awake. Dreams don't last this long.

I'm not giving up.

Until Next Time
Fai Mao
The Fasting and Hungry Blogger

No comments: