Sunday, September 12, 2010

Remembering Grief

I remember when I was watching television with my wife ten years ago and the phone rang. It was our friend from Singapore and he asked if we'd seen the buildings? Because TVB was slow to the disaster we hadn't and then Jenny Lam broke into the evening show and TVB cut to footage from ABC just as the second plane hit the second building.


We watched in horror for the next several hours. We saw the collapse of the buildings I walked as zombie for several days afterward, unable to sleep much or concentrate. I watched as Muslims in various cities celebrated over this and called it a great act of Jihad. I literally prayed for every Muslim I saw for several years after that; I prayed that they'd find true peace and abandon their filthy cult of death. My prayer was that by September 11, 2051 800 million Muslims would come to Christ. I still do. If that makes me less than politically correct or unenlightened then so be it. The current wars the the US fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan are not, as the Islamist claim Crusades. Would that they were, the world would be a better place without the followers of that false prophet who announces the anti-Christ

I am generally apathetic about US politics. But I saw the speech below when it was televised later that week. I wept then. It still makes me weep. On that evening at least I was proud to be an American




Until Next Time
Fai Mao
The Blogger who has nephews and cousins in Iraq and Afghanistan

No comments: