Monday, November 15, 2004

Why Me?

I do not know if an online diary, which is effectively what a blog is is something that I should do.

It seems that many people seem to think that they have something to say and really don't. That makes me wonder if others feel that way about what I would have to say. It also seems to me that many people seem to think that they are somewhat smarter than most other people. I bet if you took a survey and were able to get honest answers that close to 70% percent of people would think they are in the top 2% when it comes to brain power. That means that most people think they are smarter than me and it is cinch they are better looking than me too.


Well, I'm not sure that I have anything to say. I know I'm not the smartest guy around. In fact, I'm pretty average in a lot of ways and I guess in a way, that is why I feel that I should blog. I get tired of reading blow-hards and third rate thinkers of all stripes who are laboring under the misconception that they have an original idea. I guess that is my motivating force for this effort. I don't believe that I am that original but I am, I believe pretty good at exposing the faulty thinking of others. It is what I do for a living. One of the funniest lines in the movie "Gallaxy Quest" was when Tim Allen told the Alien thug "It doesn't take a good actor to recognise a bad one." Well, it doesn't take a good philosopher to recognise a bad one either.

If you read this blog and enjoy it great. If you read it and it makes you think about something in your life in a new way, even better. If you read it and don't like or agree with what I have to say it doesn't bother me. So, don't let it bother you. If I make you angry, save the hate mail. It isn't worth your time to write or my time to read.

Fai Mao

No comments: