Friday, September 22, 2006

Human Rights in China

I don't quite know how to react to the article above.

I am not normally a huge fan of Amnesty International but I think they are correct in this instance. I am also glad to see they are paying attention to China.

Now, if you'd start seeing headlines about the pollution in China I'd begin to think that there is hope for the profession of news reporting. I find it incredible that anyone who has been to China and then been to the US or Europe can claim with a straight face that China isn't the worst polluter on Earth. It isn't close.

China has a long way to go before it is a truly modern and free country. However, it is heading in the right direction. I just wish it would get there sooner.

Until Next Time
Fai Mao
The Blogger Who Wishes China Would Clean Up It's Act In More Ways Than One

No comments: