Thursday, June 08, 2006

I'm So Weird

I messed my sleeping schedule up on the way back from Turkey.

It isn't that I am jet lagged. It is just I'm not sleeping right. As an adult with ADHD I don't sleep much. Normally 3 to 5 hour a night. However, since returning I have been sleeping about 9 to 10 hours every OTHER night. If you average the week I get about the same amount of sleep but now I am just dog tired about 1/2 the time.

Most people when they can't sleep lay there and try to think of calming things. I don't know that I've ever met anyone who actually counts sheep; but, you know what I mean. They clear their mind. They focus on breathing slowly. They listen to soft music through headphones. Somehow, these types of activities never work for me. Last night I found myself arranging all real numbers into the smallest number of discrete potentially infinite sets. Then through extrapolation I set about proving the existence of God through the existence of numbers and then showing that it is possible for evil to exist in the same universe as an infinite God because they are in mutually exclusive sets that exist within the same super set just like different numbers. They neither contradict nor conflict with each other.

I finally got up about 2:30 and took a pain killer that makes you sleepy. Now I can't remember how I formed the argument last night. I remember that I had the argument formed through about 15 logical steps but I can't remember the steps. I can only remember that I did this and what the outcome was.

I guess I need to learn how to take notes in the dark.

Until Next Time
Fai Mao
The Sleepy Blogger

No comments: