Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Paradox of Living

I am, in general quite critical of the Roman Catholic Church. I find RC theology to be flawed in many ways and wonder how anyone claiming to be a Christian could believe it? I disagree with almost every aspect of RC theology from the three tiers of devotion to the near deification of Mary, the sacraments that lead to salvation (rather than grace), I disagree with the whole nine yards of it. I understand what they believe and I reject it. I am also bothered that the RC church would allow the worship of obviously pagan idols like the Virgin of Guadalupe to be done openly in the churches in central America. In short, I am probably as committed an anti-Catholic as you will ever find.

Yet, two of my favorite colleagues are Catholics. They are two of the most Godly people I know. Over the time I've worked with them I have grown to appreciate their insight, counsel and obvious faith. They will be returning to their home in Canada at the end of the school year. I will miss them.

Such is the nature of life. Such is the nature of friendship. Such is the nature of tolerance that we over look disagreements and enjoy our friends for the good that is in them.

Until Next Time
Fai Mao
The Blogger Who is More Tolerant Than He Thought Was

No comments: