Friday, August 11, 2006

After the Typhoon

I've had back to back 70+ hour weeks. It is a busy time of year for me.
Thus, not much time to post my thoughts. Unlike much of Hong Kong I make it a point to get my work done on time and don't hang around my job after hours so that I can appear to be working hard and staying late. I'd rather eat at my desk, and take a 25 minute lunch and one coffee break and leave at 4:30 or 5:00 (I get to work at 7:30 AM) than have a two-hour lunch and three 30 minute breaks like most of Hong Kong and stay until 8:30 PM. So, weeks with this many hours are a rarity for me.

I may be wrong but I find that most people here are not really very productive. They obstensibly work lots of hours but appear to me to spend lots of time subtly goofing off. I'm glad my employer looks at what you get done rather than how long you are at the office.

I should start having more time this weekend. I can post more then.

Until Next Time
Fai Mao
The Overworked Blogger

No comments: